What types of personal data do we collect?
We will collect the information about you when utilizing our services. We will gather information pertaining to you, which includes:
- Transaction and experience information. We shall collect the transaction information and other information related to the transaction, such as payment amount, the amount paid for the product or service, merchant information which includes the payment method utilized to complete the transaction. Additionally, we may collect device information, technical usage data, and geographical location information.
- Additional information in connection with your use of our services. We will collect other information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer service team, or respond to surveys.
Why we retain personal data?
We retain personal data to fulfill legal or regulatory obligations, as well as to conduct our business. If it aligns with our legitimate business interests and within the extent permitted by law, we may retain personal data for longer than legally required.
What do we do with personal data?
We process your information for the flowing reasons:
- Meet our business, and use some of the data collected to improve our products and services, which includes training models for fraud and loss prevention and analyzing the performance of Ocean payment’s products as permitted by applicable laws and agreements. It requires the personal data to train the Oceanpayment’s fraud and loss prevention model, including the model used by Oceanpayment’s risk control. These products rely in part on their ability to recognize certain features that help determine whether a transaction is fraudulent.
- Fulfil our obligations and enforce the Terms of Service, including compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Do we share personal data?
We do not share Users’ personal data with any third parties unless we have Users’ express consent or are required by law to do so. However, we may share personal data with any third parties (including, but not limited to, our affiliates, partner financial institutions, clearing organizations, card organizations, state authorities, and our partners) in the following circumstances:
- We engage third parties to provide services on our behalf and need to share personal data in order to fulfil their responsibilities. For example, we do this in order to provide payment processing services to our users. The third parties to whom we may disclose personal data for this purpose are banks, payment method providers and payment processors. These third party service providers may provide services to you, verify your identity, assist in the processing of transactions or provide customer service;
- We are required by law or regulation or by government authorities to share personal data;
- We may share personal data in order to protect our users, our rights or public safety;
- Support for our audit, compliance and corporate governance functions;
- In order for you to use some of our services or products and to fulfil their functions, we need the assistance of third parties or to provide services in cooperation with third party products, and we will only be able to provide you with the corresponding services if the necessary profile information is provided to the third party;
- In order to provide services to you, we need to provide your transaction information to banking and financial institutions, clearing organizations, card organizations, etc. Such transaction information includes, but is not limited to, the type of transaction, the specific content of the goods or services, the name of the merchant that provides the goods or services, the name and account number of both parties of the payment and receipt, the date of the transaction, the exact time of the transaction, the amount of the transaction and so on;
- If you are sued, applied for arbitration, criminally or administratively investigated, investigated by a clearing organization or card organization, or complained against by another party, or if you file a lawsuit, apply for arbitration, apply for criminal or administrative investigation, apply for investigation by an organization, or file a complaint, we will provide your identity information, transaction information and other related information to the relevant consumer protection authorities, cooperative banks and financial institutions, clearing organizations, card organizations, self-regulatory organizations of the industry, and supervisory authorities to settle the above disputes, except where the provision of such information is expressly prohibited by laws and regulations;
- In addition, Oceanpayment may provide aggregated statistical information to third parties (including other businesses and members of the public) about the usage patterns of our services, including how, when and why users use our services. These profiles do not reveal your personal identity or provide information related to your use of the Services. We will not share your personal data with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
What rights do you have?
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, including analyses. You can also request for the correction or deletion of specific data, as well as to impose restrictions on the processing of your data. Additionally, you have the right to request that we transfer some of certain information to other organizations. In some situations, you may object to the processing of your data and you may withdraw this consent at any time where we have asked you to consent to the processing of personal data. If we are processing your data for our legitimate interests, you can contact us if you need more information regarding this matter. However, there are some exceptions to these rights. For example, we will not be able to delete your data if we are required by law to retain it or if we hold it under contractual agreement with you. Similarly, access to your data may be denied if providing the information would reveal personal information about others, or if we are prohibited by law from disclosing such information.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us.
How do we protect your personal data?
How do we protect your personal data?
We are committed to implementing appropriate security measures to protect users’ personal data against unauthorized access, use, disclosure or damage. The implemented security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access control of data centers and authorization control of information access. We will strictly comply with applicable privacy protection laws and regulations and
adopt necessary technical means to ensure the security of users’ personal data.
Can children use our services?
Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using our services. We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Data, from children or any other individuals who are prohibited by law from using our services. If we unknowingly collect Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, it will be promptly deleted upon our awareness, unless we are required by law to retain such information. If you believe that information has been mistakenly or erroneously collected from a child under the age of 13, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for further assistance.
If you are a minor over the age of 13 and under the age of 18, you will need to obtain your parents’ or guardians’ consent before submitting your profile information, and we recommend that you use our services under the direction or supervision of a parent or guardian. If your parents or guardians do not agree with your submission of personal information or your use of our services, please terminate the submission of information or the use of our services immediately.
About cross-border of personal information
In order to provide services to you, we may carry out settlement, clearing or data verification with overseas merchants, overseas partner institutions, overseas card organizations or clearing organizations, or overseas affiliates. In this process, we will provide some of your personal information to overseas merchants, overseas partner institutions, overseas card organizations or clearing organizations, overseas affiliates, and if you do not agree to the provision of such information, you will not be able to use our services. By using our services, you are deemed to have given your consent to such operations.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com.