WeChat, which is locally known as Weixin, is hands down the most popular and widely used Chinese social media app. It was launched in 2011 and since then has gained over a billion active monthly users. Moreover, WeChat has become an attractive platform for merchants to sell their products and promote their brands.
Shopify WeChat Pay was made to facilitate payments on the platform. So, it only makes sense to use WeChat Pay Shopify in your store and capitalize on the popularity of this social media app.
With a Shopify partner for China, you can offer multiple payment solutions to your Chinese customers without going through the tedious process of setting up the system yourself. Below, we discuss how a Shopify partner Hong Kong and China can help you boost sales and cater to a large Chinese consumer population.
What is WeChat Pay Shopify?
To get an idea of how WeChat works, think of it as a culmination of PayPal, Messenger, and Facebook. On the one hand, users can update their friends about their daily lives. On the other hand, they can access payment services and transfer money, as you would on PayPal.
Here are the three main sections that business owners should be focused on:
- Chat Interface: The chat interface of the app is just like Whatsapp or Messenger, where you can send messages to people.
- Moments: These are similar to how the Facebook timeline looks. Users can post anything here.
- Wallet: The WeChat wallet is what attracts most Shopify business owners. It allows the users to access money transfers and payment services. Users can also buy movie tickets, book flights, and much more.
Why Use Shopify WeChat Pay?
When you integrate Shopify WeChat Pay into your store, it ultimately has a lot of benefits for your business:
Access to a Huge Market
The primary benefit of using Shopify WeChat Pay is that you get access to the Chinese market, which is arguably the biggest in the world. GlobalData forecasts that the Chinese ecommerce market will reach a whopping $3 trillion by 2024.
Ecommerce has evolved rapidly in China during the past five years due to smartphone penetration and high-speed Internet.
On top of that, the customers’ confidence in online retailers is increasing as the number of ecommerce platforms is increasing and customer satisfaction policies are becoming more efficient.
Most importantly, the pandemic has shifted most shopping online, causing a massive boom in the ecommerce space. As a Shopify business owner, you need to tap into this market if you want to make more profits.
Reduced Cart Abandonment
BigCommerce reports that the ‘’lack of desirable payment options’’ is one of the reasons for cart abandonment.
Online shoppers opt for options most convenient for them, and if they do not see their desired payment method in your store, they are likely to abandon their card.
According to Forbes, the latest statistics for cart abandonment rates are up to 75%, which is quite alarming for businesses. The same Forbes article also noted that 65% of all ecommerce payments in China in 2017 were done using mobile wallets, like WeChat Pay and Alipay.
Beat Your Competition
Bear in mind that the competition in the ecommerce space is getting fiercer with every passing day as more retailers are entering the market. Therefore, it is often seemingly small factors like this that turn your customer base towards your competition.
It is imperative that you make the checkout process as easy as possible for your customers. One way to do that is to integrate WeChat Pay Shopify into your store.
How to Integrate WeChat Pay into Shopify?
Integrating WeChat Pay into your Shopify account is a hectic and tedious process that involves filling a lot of online forms and following a ton of instructions. So, what is the easy way out? Get help from a Shopify partner HK and China.
At Oceanpayment, we provide localized payment solutions to Shopify businesses, facilitating the acceptance of six types of payments within WeChat. As a result, your customers find everything from checkout to payment as convenient as it could possibly be.
Here are some of our services:
- Localized operating services
- Applying for a WeChat Account
- WeChat authentication and verification
WeChat Pay Payment Methods
If you look around, the global payment methods are getting more advanced and customer-friendly. As technology develops, consumers are becoming more demanding.
As a business owner, you can retain your customer base by offering them convenient ways to complete their purchases on any device of their choice, ranging from their smartphones and laptops to desktops and smart TVs.
By choosing Ocean Payment as your Shopify partner HK and China, you offer the following WeChat payment solutions to your customers:
- Official Account Payment: Official Accounts allow merchants to communicate with their customers. By authorizing the payment feature in their Official Account, a merchant can accept payments through this account. At the same time, the merchant can use this account to promote their products or services.
- Mini Program Payment: We create Mini Programs inside WeChat for your customers to pay you. WePay says that Mini Programs help in bringing repeat purchases and breaking down geographical barriers.
- Quick Pay: Quick Pay allows you to accept payments from your customers in just one to two seconds. It eliminates cashier errors and increases efficiency.
- QR Code Payment: With this method, you can create your individual payment collection QR codes that the customer scans to pay after confirmation of the amount.
- Web Payment: Web Payments allow your customers to scan your unique payment QR codes from the website and make their payments.
- In-App Payment: With in-app payment integrated into your brand’s app, customers can complete transactions via WeChat Pay through your app.
Many renowned companies, including Durfy and Gebr. Heinemann, have chosen us as their Shopify partner HK and China. Get in touch today to learn more about our services.
As discussed, WeChat allows customers to pay through six different methods. Imagine setting up all of these payment methods on your own. It’s bound to get tricky and time-consuming.
Instead, opt for Oceanpayment as your Shopify partner for China to get all six payment methods along with other omnichannel payment solutions. Our services extend to a wide range of industries, including but not limited to travel and hotel booking, ecommerce, overseas education, games, digital content, and international airlines.